• Anna Flanagan Celebrant

Where do I need to change my name?

Updated: Feb 4, 2021

You may be wondering where are all the places you need to think about changing your name after you're married. Here's my handy list to help you along.

  • Facebook!

  • Driver’s License

  • Passport

  • Work

  • IRD

  • Bank/Credit Card

  • Insurance

  • Doctor

  • Airpoints (make sure it matches your passport!)

  • Library

  • Community Service Card

  • Electoral Roll

  • NZTA - Car Registration

  • Utilities - power/phone/internet

Note that many places will want your Marriage Certificate, which is different to the Copy of Particulars of Marriage you sign on your wedding day. You can order a copy of your Marriage Certificate when you apply for your marriage licence, I highly recommend this as it's the quickest way to get one!

Have I missed anything? Let me know!

389 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All